Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Sleep, Bono, and Making a Difference

So the greatest thing that I can never get enough of is sleep. It never fails that whenever I go to rest my head my mind decides to take a turn for the rational and I begin to think about everything that is going on in my life, good bad, or boring. This little fact leads to a really short amount of sleep for the mere fact that I always stay out late and then it takes me between 45 minutes and an hour to calm my mind down enough to actually sleep. This week has been especially hard with work being very long and I just dont seem to be able to get enough rest to function at the level that I need to for an intense 12 hour day. So with everything going on I am now exhausted at just about every moment of the day. I always wonder what Bono would do in a situation like this. I think he would put a new pair of sunglasses on and kinda shrug and say something like "sleep is something only the wicked can endure for their lack of conscience." He always says something amazing like that. I think it would be really cool to have the notoriety that Bono gets but I am not sure that I am prepared enough to handle the heavy weight that the world has come to expect him to carry. Could I take the extreme media pressure and keep my sanity? That's something that I am hoping to be able to answer in about 15 years. I know that I have something inside me that can make a difference in this broken world. Now all I have to do is figure out just how to unleash it without burning everyone around me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

burn'em burn'em all...except me...cause i am unburnable...thats right unburnable.

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»