Friday, August 11, 2006

Heart On A Wire

She said its not my fault
Its just a matter of time
Cause I still see the moon tonight
and summers still alive
And nothing really matters now
Im just stuck in between
Everybody’s running somewhere
and I just cant leave.

Its over she said
there’s nothing you can do
I’m leaving for the coast tonight
I gotta see something blue

She left me a letter
full of heartache and goodbyes
I think I cried that night
or at least I know I tried

So why are you running?
Why don’t you stay?
My hearts on a wire now
and I cant break these chains
So why don’t you come home
To this paper town
I’ll write you a love song
We can burn it down.

So wont you come home
wont you come home
wont you come home
I’m begging
Wont you come home
wont you come home now
Cause I miss you
Oh I miss you

So tonight will be my penance
for all this pain Ive felt
Might drive down to Houston
just to find myself
maybe I’ll write a book
of everything ive seen
Or maybe just fall asleep

No comments: