Saturday, August 19, 2006

Courtesy

At least make up a goodbye
Leave me with a little bit of pride
When your standing next to him
I’ll know it is the end
And at least I’ll know you gave it a try

When you leave, please exit with a kiss
So when your gone I can feel you on my lips
I can taste your little laugh
feel the way you used to trap
every thought on your fingertips

Validate me please before you go
So when I see you on the street at least I’ll know
All the love you threw away
like the afternoon lemonade
left to glisten in the sun’s orange glow.

And maybe one day I’ll forget
Everything you ever said.
or maybe I’ll just keep it in my head
to ponder on a rainy day
I hope it washes you away
and leaves someone else with the remains

At least make up a goodbye
Just so he’ll know you tried
And when your walking away
he’ll wish that you would stay
but not for long, not for long

So at least make up a goodbye.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Love the line:
When you leave, please exit with a kiss
So when your gone I can feel you on my lips.

You should turn into a song.