Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Just Outside

Everyone says move on.
Time heals all wounds and certainly this cant be worse then last time.
Does anybody even know exactly what time is?
A unit of measurement?
What makes you late?
An excuse to buy a trendy watch?
Certainly it can't have anything to do with love.
Love is a cardboard box full of happiness, thorns, and pillows.
Destined to bring two people together only to make them want to slash their wrists in the end.
How can time have anything to do with love?
I loved my baseball card collection when I was a kid.
Just because the time has changed doesn't mean I still don't love holding a Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card.
So why all this talk of healing and space and time.
Isn't love just love.
Watered down and broken into categories, isn't it still the same feeling every single time she walks into the room.
Eyes like Broadway.
Lips like New York.
Hair like Jersey at night.
Or is this just the chemicals mixing in my brain telling me that I should travel.
Strange images forced into my skull of long nights and days I wish would never end.
Love is nothing but the opening and closing of your eyes.
Try hard, but you can never erase what's just outside the lid.

No comments: