Thursday, June 07, 2007

6/7/07

I'm in love with Jesus
quite like I love chocolate,
Indiana Jones, or
Dashboard Confessional.
I pick them up when I
want to, content to eat chips,
watch Star Wars
(it's still Harrison Ford)
or blast John Mayer instead.
Moving about from girls
and obsessions.
Black hair, blonde curls,
Samuari swords,
'72 Telecasters.
Too scared to commit to
anything temporal, let
alone something big as God.
Wholly created to serve
a Master but with my feet
willingly chained to the sod.

I'm in love with Jesus
but football season just ended
and I bought a brand
new guitar.
Is faith really God-sized
if Beckham doesn't bend
it neatly into the back post
even though I believe he will?
Or is it just a matter of
eating another chocolate
and saying a prayer
hoping one day I can
differentiate the two from
a B-side on a
U2 single.

No comments: